Time to compare the Phantom 4 Pro vs Phantom 4. It has been only 8 month since DJI announced their bestseller Phantom 4 and already we see the release of the Phantom 4 Pro. A lot of folks expected it to be Phantom 5 next March but DJI released the update on the middle of November which begs to ask, is it possible to make any reasonable upgrade in such a short time? Well, in DJI’s case, the answer is a resounding yes!
When there are a new generation of products coming out there is always that nagging question, “Should I upgrade?” Here at We Talk UAV we like to clarify such questions by giving you a better idea of what are you getting from this upgrade.
Now take a look at our colleague Alex explaining and showing all the differences between those 2 drones!
Phantom 4 Pro vs Phantom 4 Specs
That’s a major upgrade and really gives professional drone pilots something to think on. The upgrade to 20 MP camera and 360° Obstacle Avoidance are certainly a game changer.
Here are some things you need to know before you buy Phantom 4 Pro:
- The batteries for Phantom 4 Pro are 5870 Mah, however for Phantom 4 it’s different: 5350 Mah which explains why the flight time of P4P is longer. However, what is surprising is that both kinds of batteries can be used on both drones.
- You can buy Phantom 4 Pro without built in super bright 5.5 inch Full HD display for $1799 or get a version with standard RC and save $300.
- Another bonus with this release is you don’t really need ND Filters for Phantom 4 Pro camera because you simply can change an aperture.
- Some intelligent flight modes like Profile Active Track, Draw Mode and Gesture mode probably will be coming to Phantom 4 with firmware upgrades in upcoming 3-4 months.
- Yes, Phantom 4 Pro will be cheaper one day in the same way that a release of a Phantom 5 or another drone will have more advanced technology by that time.
- There is no other drone on a market that is more advanced that Phantom 4 Pro in this price range.
Case in point: if the iPhone 6s to iPhone 7 wasn’t a big step up, or Canon 70D to 80D did not really surprised you, the release of the Phantom 4 Pro may surprise you in terms of both hardware and software.
The Phantom 4 Pro vs Phantom 4… Should you upgrade? If you can afford it you definitely have to go for Phantom 4 Pro. You won’t be disappointed. Or you can wait and watch our review of Phantom 4 Pro that is coming soon and make a decision after that.
Thanks for reading!